Summer 2016 Programs*
Cristo Rey Ranch staff and volunteers are excited about our programming for summer 2016. We are offering fantastic opportunities for groups and individuals of all ages to interact at the ranch.
Our animals (sheep, goats, llamas, emu, donkeys, rabbits, horses, pot-bellied pigs, dogs and much more) too are excited and waiting for your visit. They hope to see you soon.
We offer custom tours for groups to meet your schedule. We will customize the opportunity specifically for you and your group. It can be as simple as walking, watching and enjoying our animals or much more interactive with opportunities to touch, feed and walk them. Typical tours are $10 per person ($100 minimum) and last about 90 minutes. We offer group pricing and packages to meet your needs.
Our two and four week programs are designed to meet the needs of all 6 to 12 year old children. The programs help to build confidence and self esteem as children participate in farm activities such as: farm safety, animal handling, feeding and grooming. Sessions meet once a week for 90 minutes.
Understanding various limitations, we have specifically designed our programs to reach children with special needs such as, but not limited to: autism, physical and intellectual delays and disabilities and cerebral palsy.
* Our paved and gravel pathways, as well as our bathrooms, are wheel chair accessible.
“Providing a safe, trusting environment to promote the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of children and adolescents.”
Program Design Team
Our program design team has individuals with vast real life experience.
- Ms. Beth, our team co-leader, is an experienced autism specialist and mentor and continues to work in christian children’s ministry
- Sr. Stephen, R.N., our team co-leader and animal specialist, has a long history of animal therapy experience and has worked with individuals of all ages and with a variety of needs
- Ms. Julie, our teaching professional, has many years of experience in local school districts working with children with special needs
- Ms. Lori, R.N. has many years of experience in 4-H and christian education
- Our team also includes other individuals with backgrounds in christian youth ministry, boy scouts and a wide-variety of other areas